NOTICE TO ALL WAIKATO VOLLEYBALLERS
All volleyball competitions run by Volleyball Waikato have been suspended for the duration of the coronavirus crisis.
This includes: school volleyball (both high schools and intermediate/primary competitions), social volleyball, and the Ethnic Volleyball Tournament.
Our Kiwisport officer, Alex Mariano, will still be running kiwisport volleyball programmes in individual schools, with maximum group sizes of 30 participants, while schools are open.
If you have any queries on this, please email email@example.com.
2020 Volleyball for you to look forward to in the Waikato:
- Te Rapa Social Volleyball, Te Rapa Sportsdrome, Monday evenings from 17 February (and again each school term)
- Waikato Senior Schools competition, The Peak, Saturdays from 22 February
- Hillcrest Social Volleyball, Hillcrest High Gym, Sunday evenings from 23 February (and again each school term)
- National School Volleyball Championships, Palmerston North, 30 March – 3 April
- Waikato Club League, Tuesdays from 28 April
- Interprovincial Championships for U17, U19, U21 & Open, Queens Birthday weekend, 30 May – 1 June
- Midlands Zone Club League, Saturdays from 13 June (Hamilton Volleyball Club will notify interested players about the details)
- Waikato Junior Schools competition, The Peak, Thursday evenings from 17 September
- National Club Championships, 30 September – 3 October
- Hamilton Year 5/6 and 7/8 competition, Thursday evenings from 4 November
- Beach Volleyball social competition (4-a-side), Te Rapa Beach Courts, Wednesday evenings from 10 November
- North Island Junior Schools Championships, 24-27 November
- Under 15 Interprovincial Championships, December
- Waikato Junior Schools (Years 9 & 10) competition runs from mid September on Thursday nights at The Peak, Rototuna High Schools.
- Waikato Senior Schools competition starts with an open warm-up tournament on Saturday 9th February, followed by 5 weeks starting on Saturday 16th Feb, at the Peak, Rototuna High Schools.
- Monday nights (Te Rapa) – every school term for 7 or 8 weeks (depending on length of term)
- Sunday evenings (Hillcrest) – every school term for 6 weeks.
- Hamilton Volleyball Club enter several Men’s and Women’s teams in the Northern Zone and Midlands Leagues during the winter season.
- Waikato Association runs the Waikato Volleyball League for mens’ and womens’ teams from both clubs and senior schools. This is currently running on Friday nights at Hillcrest High School.
Social Beach Competition
Graded 4-a-side social beach competition for 6 weeks in school term 1 and 4 at Te Rapa Beach Volleyball Courts. Cost is $80 per team ($60 for school teams). Next Start date TBC.
Volleyballs & Nets
Order form here : Molten VNZ Order Form